Mock Trial Coach’s Bundle
Over the years, we have heard from mock trial coaches from across the United States, at all levels of competition, that our book The Articulate Advocate is a valuable resource for their teams. This prompted us to create a bundle of tools designed especially for mock trial coaches to use with their teams.
The Mock Trial Coach’s Bundle includes:
• The Articulate Advocate: Persuasive Skills for Lawyers in Trials, Appeals, Arbitrations, and Motions, Second Edition (2016) – Coaches will receive one print copy of our book (232 pages).
• Mock Trial Student Practice Guide – A summarized version of the “How to Practice” chapter from the book The Articulate Advocate, this practice guide is written specifically for mock trial students. We will send you an electronic file to share with your team (13 pages).
• Speaking Persuasively, Thinking on Your Feet – This two-page handout teaches mock trial students how to coordinate their bodies, brains, and voices to become more polished speakers – all in a simple, bulleted list.
• Video Review Checklist – This valuable tool is a two-page checklist of things to look for when reviewing video of a mock trial performance. Students and coaches can use this checklist to pinpoint specific areas for improvement.
• Witness Tips – This two-page handout includes tips for mock trial students in the witness role.
• Training Videos – You will have online access to Johnson & Hunter’s Courtroom Communication Skills That Give You the Edge videos(running time 2 hours, 25 minutes) to share with your team. In addition, your team can view shorter (four- to ten-minute) how-to videos that target specific courtroom skills: opening statement, direct examination, cross examination, and closing argument.
Bundle Price: $45, plus tax and shipping
If you would like to pay by check or have any questions about this bundle, please contact Amanda Fessler.
Mock Trial Coach for ten years at the junior high, high school, collegiate, and law school levels
Mock Trial Coach, Xavier College Prep
Lara J. Loyd
Sullivan & Cromwell, LLP
High School Mock Trial Coach, Midwood High School
Steven C. Kennedy
Kennedy & Kish
Mock Trial Coach, Clark University