Welcome to our library, a collection of resources to help you improve your speaking skills.
For our latest public speaking tips, please join our email newsletter to the right.
Do Not Steal My Pause: How to Get the Floor Back When You Are Interrupted
by Marsha Hunter and Paula A. Monopoli, NALP Bulletin, July 2016
Using Gesture to Calm a Nervous Witness
by Brian K. Johnson, The Champion, November 2015
What Do You Do with Your Hands? Training to Answer the Pivotal Public Speaking Question
by Marsha Hunter, PD Quarterly, November 2014
Lawyers Talking, Fast and Slow
by Brian K. Johnson, Arizona Attorney, January 2013
Nailing Your Direct Examination
by Marsha Hunter, The Woman Advocate, American Bar Association, Section of Litigation
Selecting Well-Spoken Lawyers
by Marsha Hunter, Texas Bar Journal, June 2012
Check out our most recent posts below.
- Nikki Haley Stood Up – Stand Up When You Have the Floor
- Your No-Device Vacation Awaits
- Craft the Spoken Word with as Much Care as the Written Word
- Public Speaking Practice Tip: Learn to Watch Yourself on Video
- Win Back the Floor in Professional Speech
- Amy Cuddy and the Power Pose
- NITA Offers Witness Examination Boot Camp
- Developing Your Own Personal Public Speaking Style: Observe, Adapt, Adopt
- Remind Your Witness to Sit Up Straight
- Public Speaking Infographic
MOCK TRIAL AND LAW PROFESSORS:
Visit our YouTube Channel for more videos. A sampling is below.
The Secret Handshake
What Do Your Gestures Look Like?
The Music of Your Voice
What Do I Do with My Hands?
Notes as a visual aid for the speaker?
The Articulate Advocate
The Articulate Attorney
The Articulate Witness